The President gave an impassioned speech on the need for immigration reform, but couldn't help blaming others (Republicans) for his own inaction and telling more lies. Rather than calling for bipartisan dialogue and action, now more necessary now that the Republicans will control BOTH houses of Congress, he just says I'm going to do something (unilaterally) anyway. Rather than acknowledging the significant election defeat, he's playing games with our Constitution and snubbing the voter's rebuke of his policies. It's like he's saying "f*** you" to most of this country.
He has taken executive "action" to change immigration law, that he said 22 times in various recorded speeches and
appearances, is not in his power. Was he wrong 22 times and right now?
There's a big chance that it won't even work except to cause chaos as he's instructing entire portions of the government to ignore existing laws and procedures. What's the chance of that working? It amounts to more micromanaging from the laziest White House ever seen. How's the WH's micromanagement of the ISIS campaign working out since Obama ignores his military advisers??
And why now? He promised Latinos that he would do something in 2009. He didn't lift a finger. Maybe because he was busy screwing up our country's health insurance marketplace? And he had opportunity to act in 2010 and 2011. Democrats controlled both houses of Congress until 2012. Democrats could have done something legal in those years. Finally, why did he wait to do this "dictatorial" action until after the 2014 mid-term elections? Well, because people don't like dictators and Democrats would have been even more thoroughly defeated.
This President is unable to stop lying. Here are some of the lies and deceptions embedded in the President's Speech (significant help from the Conservative Review's article by Daniel Horowitz) :
1) Other Presidents have done the same thing. No, Mr. President they didn't do anything like what you've trying to do. All other Presidents passed major legislation first. Reagan and Bush enacted small
executive orders AFTER Congress has passed new immigration LAWS in an
effort to "fine tune" the law. Then Congress then subsequently passed
into law that "fine tuning."
All other Presidents have respected the US Constitution. All other Presidents weren't hellbent on undermining our Constitutional system! I'm not joking! Welcome to ni**er nation!
2) Obama pretended that he's been enforcing the border and that immigration crossings are down. Sorry, even idiots can see that Obama has been undermining border enforcement for years: abusing asylum rules, reducing drastically deportations, busing illegals away from the border to cities all over the country, delivering illegal children to illegal families, He's been a disaster when it comes to border enforcement. He will continue to be a disaster. This is why there wasn't a shred of hope of working with the Republicans last year on immigration law. Nobody can trust Obama.
Let's be clear, few undocumented/illegals will be deported anytime soon. And the President's actions will create a new wave of low-skill, low-information Central American immigrants and they won't be deported either. No one will be sent home (except maybe Mexicans). And, as noted in Conservative Review "he is unilaterally abolishing the Secure Communities program, the only successful interior enforcement program left after he abolished 287g state-federal cooperation in 2012- all this when we face a new threat of Islamic terrorism."
3) Only 5 million will be affected. Given this President's lawlessness, he'll act in a way to include 10s of millions illegals immigrants in the country. After all, he is now the emperor of America now and no one will stop him. Never mind the rebuke of the mid-term elections!
4) Background checks will be performed. What a complete joke! No legitimate background checks will be made as Central American countries are famous for fake documents. Plus, there are no competent governments in this part of the world. For instance, do think the government of Guatemala will be able to process large numbers of information requests? Not a chance! EVERY citizen in Central America is extremely incompetent - and they are coming here in droves.
5) Immigrants will have to pay taxes. Maybe they will ultimately pay payroll taxes, but probably won't make enough money to pay income taxes. First of all, due to Obama, the country is not creating low-level jobs at all. And black person's unemployment is still double digits! No employment = no taxes paid. But their children will be enrolled in local schools and emergency rooms will be crowded by people seeking free treatment. As an aside, how are all of these people going to find housing?
7) Obama will focus on deporting felons. Sorry, again this administration has done the opposite. According to Daniel Horowitz at Conservative Review, "36,000 convicted criminal aliens were released last year, 80,000 criminal aliens encountered by ICE weren’t even placed into deportation proceedings, 167,000 criminal aliens who were ordered deported are still at large, 341,000 criminal aliens released by ICE without deportation orders are known to be free and at large in the US. Again, this is cessation of deportations for everyone. They are leaving no illegal behind." A lawless President is bring lawlessness to your community and you're supposed to be happy??
The President's action will remove any incentive to enter the existing "legal" system.
Why bother, when you can just come here and hang out? (Hang out until
they find out that there are no/few jobs). But hey, the kids, who don't
speak English, will clog our schools and create a burden on 1000s of
Complete chaos will result when a new flood of immigrants arrives. And how will the existing bureaucracy handle the flood of new immigration applications? They won't! As a result Legal immigrants will be pushed to the back of the line to process the mountain of paperwork of the new applicants.